What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
When can you expect to see visible results?
I know it can often feel like progress is reeeeeaaaly slow, so what’s the real and honest timeline for results and what are realistic expectations?
Episode number one -
I don’t know if you were listening way back then, but the very first episode of this podcast aired back on March 25, 2019.
That’s four and half years ago. And wow, I was green.
My boys love to watch that show Deadliest Catch all about crab fishing, and every fishing season, they’ll get a brand new deckhand who has never done it before, and has no clue what he’s doing, and they call him the greenhorn. In the podcasting world, I was a greenhorn.
- I had no clue what I was doing. I just showed up on deck and made it work.
- I didn’t know what I was going to talk about, I had to learn how to edit audio all by myself, and sometimes even recording an episode the morning of when it was supposed to go live.
- But despite all my mess-ups especially in the beginning, I stuck with it, and today’s episode is number 300.
- It feels like we’re hitting a big milestone, and it is. But, I’ll admit - it has been hard, showing up consistently, week after week after week. A lot of times, I’ve wanted to throw in the towel and quit. Progress felt reeeeaaally slow.
- At some point it got a lot easier, I had the rhythm down, and that level of consistency got results. This show is now in the top 1% of all podcasts worldwide.
In honor of our 300th episode, I want to talk with you about results, and when YOU can expect to see results. I’m going to teach you about the Results Rule of 3’s
Not having a real timeline can be so frustrating!
There’s nothing more discouraging than when you have a goal and then you go about making changes to your habits, but then you don’t see the results that you were expecting.
I’ve got over 100 ladies that I’m coaching in my Jumpstart 30 program right now, and one question that frequently comes up in our group coaching calls on Fridays is “When can I expect to see results? I just want to know that what I’m doing is working!”
- It’s especially discouraging when you’ve intentionally avoided the quick fix schemes and you’ve committed to doing something the proper, sustainable way. It can really feel like progress is slow!
- But what is a realistic timeline? When can you realistically see results and when will all of these habits become significantly easier?
- In all these 300 episodes, I wish I had someone say to me “just get those first 100 in, do everything you can to stick with it until that benchmark, because it all gets so much easier after that”.
- So my hope is that by sharing these numbers with you today, you’ll get that same feeling of “Ok, I got this. I can do this.”
Let’s say your goal is to improve your posture. Ok, I know that’s super specific, but you might relate. (What you can do is in your mind here, insert your goal and that one habit that you’re working on to reach that goal.)
- So you commit to doing a few habits that will move you closer to that goal.
- You decide on 3 posture correcting movements that you’re going to do twice a day, once during your work day and once in the evening.
- And you commit to being as consistent as possible with these movements every day
When are you going to start seeing results in your posture?
The Results Rule of 3’s - Here is your new expectation timeline (these are the benchmarks):
When you have introduced a new habit into your life:
- In 3 weeks you’re going to feel different - you’re going to notice a positive feeling from your consistent new habit.
- At this point, you may notice that your shoulder blade knots aren’t quite as intense, your tension headaches are beginning to ease up, and you even feel like your breathing better and even sleeping better. Things feel better.
- There’s not much to observe yet at this point. Maybe - but rarely is there anything visual or measurable.
- And these habits are still new and awkward, and you’re going to need frequent and constant reminders, not easy yet, have to fight to keep prioritizing it
Our next benchmark is 3 months.
- In 3 months you’re going to look different - you’re going to notice a physical change, a visible difference from your consistent new habit
- At this point, you can see that your posture is better in the mirror and in pictures, your husband has commented on your posture looking better, when you look at your joints, they look better aligned. There is a definite physical change that has occurred.
- This habit is still not easy yet but it’s getting easier, you’re starting to fall into a routine, although you still need constant reminders and accountability.
- This is what I usually call the “magical 3 month mark”:
- All of your efforts up to this point suddenly culminate and materialize, and you not only feel the difference in your body, but you’re really starting to see it, too.
Now our next benchmark will feel like a huge jump…so stick with me and don’t get discouraged with what I’m about to say.
- In 3 years you’re going to be a different person - you will realize that your consistent new habit of working on your posture everyday has become your new life and it’s just who you are, and you are now someone with really good posture.
- You don’t need constant reminders anymore, your habits are now easy, it’s who you are
- It didn’t happen overnight, it was a gradual process to get to this point
- Three years of that consistent habit has not only changed how you feel, and how you look, but also who you are.
- I sometimes interview laides on this podcast that I’ve been coaching for years, and ask them “can you still see yourself doing this several years from now?” Usually their answer is, “I can’t imagine my life without it - it’s like my daily medicine.” Every single one of them has spent at least 3 years in the grind with me.
Keep in mind that most likely you’re not changing on singular habit at a time. I always recommend the fewer the better, but you might be working on many things all at once. In my programs we don’t just spend 3 months on just your posture. So you’re going to experience lots of new feelings, see lots of different types of physical changes… and they’ll be coming and going.
But if we were to isolate one singular habit, and that’s the only thing you worked on, that’s what you can expect.
How does this apply to you and your goals right now?
Moving forward, you need to:
- Adjust your expectations of what it takes to see results. Create new timelines and benchmarks. Give something a chance to work - don’t judge whether or not something is working in the first 3 weeks.
- Get to that 3 week mark and celebrate how you feel, get to the 3 month mark and celebrate what has changed, get to the 3 year mark and celebrate who you have become!
- You also have to be honest with yourself about your consistency - these results get stretched out even further if you’re not actually consistent.
- 3 weeks can become 4 weeks
- 3 months can become 6 months
- You need to make your habits easy enough so you KNOW you can still be doing this 3 months from now and 3 years from now.
Proof of Transformation
This whole timeline is a really common occurrence in my Back and Hip Fix program. For most people coming into the program, they’ve got a lot of back and hip pain, and really do want some instant relief. The moves I give really do help and you can feel some immediate relief, but usually what happens
- Right at 3 weeks, someone will wake up and realize they finally slept through the night for the first time in a long time, their pain is marginal, and they’re moving about the day a lot better.
- They feel so much better
- And then if they continue to do the maintenance exercises and also move on and work with me in my Jumpstart 30 program, usually right around 3 months, they can see that their body is now moving with strength and confident. There are visible difference.
- And then when I have worked with that person for 3 years, and many, many of my clients I have… the exercises and daily routine are now such a part of their life that it’s hard for them to remember what it felt like when they were in a lot of pain.
Ok, for today, all I want you to do is be patient. Allow things to work. Aim for that first benchmark and really relish the good feelings. And then aim for the next benchmark.
More Resources & Links
FREE 5-Day Core Tune Up - This 5-Day course will improves your core strength, creates better alignment, and relieves back and hip pain for good!
Megan’s revolutionary Back & Hip Fix 30-day program
Follow Megan on Instagram